Sunday, October 21, 2007

Quote of the day
I finally got used to with the sound of alarm.
-Seiji

Perception.

I would like to hear your opinion. What do you see when you see the arts.

For me, the arts are the most unlimited way to express feelings, personalities and opinion towards the public. However, as everyone has a different sense of value, it is totaly up to each person how he/she perceive from it. And also from my experience, I beleive that perceptions
differ by where you are from as well, like people from Asia, Europe, NorthAmerica.. (but with effects of globalization, I think they are more mixed)
Therefore, I believe that it is the reason why some people call the art 'mirror of the world'

When I see arts, I always imagine what the artists were feeling and thinking when they are creating it with considering the historical background and environment at first (although my knowledge of history is extremely poor...). Then I compare it with what I feel/think from it now.
But this way sometimes confuse me a lot when I see abstract arts because I cannot imagine the artists feeling clearly. But at the same time these pieces impact me a lot and I love these.
I feel that it might be because of my lack of knowledge. I felt lost a bit.

Talking about Pop songs, I would not call it arts. I rather call it entertainment, and in my opinion, it can be the same as repetitive art techniques like portaits in the 18th century.

I think Im making at lot of contradictions as my perception is very unstable.
Please comment your view..

Thanks

C for Crap

No comments: